Talk

Advanced search

Naps at home

(6 Posts)
MrsKCoulter Fri 28-Apr-17 14:15:03

WHY does my baby wake up the second we cross the threshold of our building? She'll nap for ages outside in her buggy and even if I then bring it in to a cafe or a friend's house. But our own home where I could actually get stuff done - no way. I mean, I like the fresh air and the impossibility of doing chores while she naps but I just don't understand it! How does she know??

Orangedaisy Fri 28-Apr-17 14:18:31

Baby sixth sense. Mine does it too. I leave the pram outside (in sight of me at all times, we're lucky the house allows this) and she stays asleep.

MrsKCoulter Fri 28-Apr-17 15:25:20

If only I had a garden!

Orangedaisy Fri 28-Apr-17 18:49:17

Are you able to bring pushchair/car seat in and leave the door open safely? I do that when it rains and ambient noise from outside seems to keep DD asleep.

MrsKCoulter Fri 28-Apr-17 20:00:49

I live in a flat, I tried with the balcony doors open but she wasn't fooled for long. Maybe it's the familiar smell too and I can outwit her that way... I could make a special baby pomander grin

I guess it's better than the opposite and being tied to home!

Nottalotta Sat 29-Apr-17 01:54:52

Mine used to do this, buy thankfully he's stopped. I'm also lucky in that I van push the pushchair down the side of the house and park him.outside the back door and window. Recently I've even managed to bring him inside. He wakes up once the car gets on the drive though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now