Talk

Advanced search

Baby wakes again after a while

(8 Posts)
OhNoASleepOne Thu 27-Apr-17 19:58:56

This isn't really bothering me, I'm just wondering why it happens.

Every evening when I put 4 month old DS down for the night he wakes up again between 15 and 30 minutes later. He's always done this pretty much. I don't think he's overtired as it happens no matter how long he's been awake for. He doesn't do it with any other sleep/nap. He naps pretty well in the day most of the time. It doesn't take long for him to go back to sleep either.

It really puzzles me, any ideas?

FATEdestiny Thu 27-Apr-17 20:14:19

It'll be the end of his first sleep cycle. For whatever reason he must not get into a deep sleep.

OhNoASleepOne Thu 27-Apr-17 20:28:41

Yeah, but why that time only? He doesn't do it for any other sleep. It really confuses me.

LittleBearPad Thu 27-Apr-17 20:36:07

Is there a noise that could wake him. You pouring a glass of wine wink. Or the heating or something?

LapinR0se Thu 27-Apr-17 20:39:28

Are you putting him down asleep?

lilydaisyrose Thu 27-Apr-17 20:42:47

My 4m old does this! We call it 'time for the second boob'. She won't take the second boob earlier.

OhNoASleepOne Thu 27-Apr-17 20:48:33

No, no noises. It's not the exact same time every night so unlikely to be heating or anything like that.

He does go down asleep. But he does sometimes for naps too. I feed him to sleep (sometimes do this for naps too).
And when he wakes I generally feed him again to get him back to sleep and then he stays asleep, usually for 4-5 hours but the sleep regression is messing that up a bit at the moment.

OhNoASleepOne Thu 27-Apr-17 20:52:01

Glad I'm not the only one lily. He has the second boob though, and then a little bit more! But I wouldn't say he has enough for it to be hunger.

He'll normally feed about 10 minutes on each boob, fall asleep, put down, wake a little later, up to 5 minutes on boob again, back to sleep. Down for the night (until first night feed)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now