Talk

Advanced search

How often does your 3yr old wake in the night?

(9 Posts)
Joneseygirl77 Mon 24-Apr-17 15:39:01

As the title suggests really!

We're going through a tricky patch with 3yr old DD where she is waking up a few times in the night. Generally it's because she is scared and wants the light on or her teddies have fallen out of bed.

I'm just keen to hear what others are like.

bigkidsdidit Mon 24-Apr-17 15:40:24

Never. Maybe once in the last year when he had a fever. Ds1 was the same.

SunshineBabe Mon 24-Apr-17 15:42:04

Dd is 3.5. She was a terrible sleeper until she turned 2 (anything from 3-10+ times a night) then she just randomly started sleeping through. The past few months she's been waking occasionally, mostly because her blanket has slightly moved or something equally as trivial. For the past few weeks though she's been waking around 2/3 times every night because she needs the toilet. She's been out of nappies for about 2 months and has been dry at night for a few weeks. Not sure how to stop her needing to pee in the night though!

ElectricMelon Mon 24-Apr-17 15:46:33

2-3 times a night

OhFuds Mon 24-Apr-17 15:51:56

Just the once where she walks into my room carrying her pillow, blanket and 2 teddies. She's right back to sleep as soon as her head hits the pillow.

Ecureuil Mon 24-Apr-17 15:53:56

Mine has only just started sleeping through the night at 3.5, albeit irregularly. On the nights she wakes its usually once, sometimes twice.

Redyellowpinkblue Mon 24-Apr-17 16:03:13

From 3 till 3.5 she was waking about 3 times a night, mostly half asleep not really awake and usually asking for a hug or to be tucked in. Now at 3.5 she only wakes in the night occasionally to ask for the loo or if she's had a nap in the car or something and is restless.

Joneseygirl77 Mon 24-Apr-17 21:18:30

Thanks all.

Sounds like a normal phase then!
We're on anywhere between 1-4 wake ups but she tends to stay in bed and shout us. I haven't even tried ditching the nighttime pull ups yet as she still isn't dry in the morning.

InsaneDame Mon 24-Apr-17 21:58:19

My DS turned​ 3 a week ago and he wakes once a night for a wee/tuck in/to find lost teddy, although sleeps through about 3 times a week. He was a terrible sleeper until he was 2 years old (waking 4 - 6 times a night) but is pretty good now thankfully!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now