We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Almost 5 month old now taking short naps

(3 Posts)
Jasquers Sun 23-Apr-17 09:50:53

My Ds is 5 months on Weds. For the past couple of months he has napped 3 times a day-long morning and early afternoon naps (around 1.5-2 hours) and then a cat nap before bed.
For the past few days he does not sleep more than 45 mins and so has to take at least 4 naps to get through the day (unless in sling where he will sleep more than 1 hour). I know its not an issue with self soothing based on past long naps, so going in to resettle is not likely to help. Is this likely to be a phase? He does not seem to be ill or teething. He is very tired and a bit grumpy between naps so I know he needs to sleep longer (especially as he is still waking twice a night to feed). Any opinions?

FATEdestiny Sun 23-Apr-17 10:19:27

As long as you give baby more naps per day (by reducing awake time between sleeps) it's not a problem.

If your son is seeming tired and grumpy between naps, it suggest a you need to shorten awake time even further than it currently is. An approximation for 45 minute naps would be 90m awake time between sleeps.

Babydreaming Sun 23-Apr-17 11:55:50

My baby is 4.5 months and only naps for 30 mins at a time! He has about 4-5 naps a day and sleeps well at night! I don't see it as an issue!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now