Talk

Advanced search

Toddler and newborn twins...regression. help!!

(2 Posts)
candypanda283 Fri 21-Apr-17 20:33:36

My 14 month old has been sleep trained by controlled crying since he was 11 months old and has slept through except when teething. Hes had a canine tooth coming through for 4 weeks now and his sleep has gone crazy. He is now waking 3 times a night.. now because we thought it was teething we've been giving pain relief and cuddling back to sleep as he was screaming for an hour and not giving in. 4 weeks later it's still happening...Doctor has checked his ears etc. He is still teething but this can't go on right? What do we do? We've ruined sleep training now...I need this sorting as i have 1 month old twins! He dropped to 1 hour long nap at 11.30 to 12.30 3 weeks ago and dropped to 2 bottles of milk a day...please help!!

FATEdestiny Fri 21-Apr-17 20:47:37

That's a short daytime nap for an only-just-turned 1 year old. Is he ok on that amount of dkerp or does he seem tired during the day?

Some only-just-1 year olds might still be on two naps per day, say an hour or more each nap. Others might have moved to a longer nap, but I'd be expecting closer to 2 hours at least.

Therefore I wonder how much of the creating in the night is because of over tired exhaustion due to lack of daytime sleep?

If he is perfectly fine on 1h of daytime sleep, then don't sweat it. I would try and move it a bit later in the afternoon though, 12.30 through to bedtime is a long time to be awake. My 2.5 year old couldn't manage that long awake in one chunk.

You are right, you have to sort it with younger siblings to consider.

Does he have a comforter - dummy, teddy, blankie, anything like that?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now