Talk

Advanced search

Why is my almost one year old constantly sleep talking

(3 Posts)
phoenixtherabbit Tue 18-Apr-17 21:40:57

When I say talking, I mean just babbling. The only word he can say is cat.

He's just constantly babbling. I thought he was waking up and talking but I've just gone in to check on him and he's sound asleep but still babbling away.

It's cute, but I haven't slept properly in days. Dp on the other hand can easily sleep through it God knows how.

I don't want to turn the baby monitor off in case he starts crying and needs us, but I cannot bloody sleep listening to him talking all night long. He's been in bed since 7 I don't think we've had a solid hour yet where he's been quiet.

He seems more tired in the day time even though he's not awake during the night. I think he's teething and he's got a bit of a temp so he's had calpol three times today.

Will continue to monitor his temp and give him calpol and put teething gel as and when he needs it but confused as to what to do about the talking?

Is it likely to be related? He never usually does this. Sometimes wakes up, talks to himself for five mins and rolls over and goes back to sleep but he's never sleep talked as far as I know.

Someone tell me he'll stop gringringringrin

FATEdestiny Tue 18-Apr-17 22:37:48

I can't imagine he is in a very deep sleep when doing this. That would explain being tired in the daytime too.

I would probably do things to encourage moving into the deep sleeping phase, rather than ignoring. So I might go in, firm hand on baby's chest/back so he can feel your reassuring presence. Insert dummy and either just wait until calmed or add in a few gentle pats and shushing.

phoenixtherabbit Wed 19-Apr-17 12:44:15

Thanks for your reply.

He seemed to sleep a bit better last night.
I will try the patting/shushing tonight if he needs it. I agree it seems like quite a light sleep.

Fingers crossed!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now