Talk

Advanced search

DD losing teddy at night

(3 Posts)
NewMumSept2014 Tue 18-Apr-17 11:50:13

Just that really. Wondering if anyone has advice on quick fixes? Recently transitioned from sleep sack/ cot to duvet and big bed, which is undoubtedly why she's started doing this. She (2.5) was out of bed crying 4 times overnight because she couldn't find him. Are there any glow in the dark things or similar that will help?

FATEdestiny Tue 18-Apr-17 12:12:35

Where is Teddy when you find him?

If he's falling out of the bed and onto the floor, try a bedguard.

If it's just under the covers, to be honest this sounds like more of an excuse for waking you, rather than a read on for waking you.

While there might be the odd occasion that she searches and can't find Teddy, at 2.5 she should be able to look and find it herself really. Especially it its it's in an easy-to-grab place.

Does she need a light so she can see to find it?

I would stop finding it for her. Still go in when she calls, but get her to do the finding. Make suggestions if she looks at your blank (Is Teddy under your covers? Is Teddy on the floor?) But mostly encourage her to use her initiative and find it without your input, then praise when she does.

I suspect though, when she realises that the lost Teddy route isn't working, she'll start being thirsty and needing a drink, needing the toilet, or just feeling scared... just an excuse to get Mummy to come.

NewMumSept2014 Tue 18-Apr-17 14:11:12

Yea, You might well be right. He's usually in the bed somewhere but just not as easy to find as he had been in the cot. Her sleep has gone to pot since DS arrived 7 weeks ago, so I'm still hoping she'll settle again once she gets used to things. I'll try what you suggested. Thanks!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now