Talk

Advanced search

25 week old suddenly sleeping a lot today

(6 Posts)
user1488791198 Thu 13-Apr-17 14:57:50

My 25 week old son normally has half hour cat naps during the day and stirs through the night a lot! Last night he only stirred at 3,4, and then milk at 5 and slept until 6 now today he was in bed at 8 until 9.30 then fell asleep in the car at 10 until 11 and then was back in bed at 1 and is now still asleep at 2.50. Will he sleep tonight or not or is it a growth spurt?

JohnLapsleyParlabane Thu 13-Apr-17 15:00:13

My husband and I look back fondly to The Day She Slept So Much. I think most babies have the occasional one of those.
In your position I'd make sure the afternoon was nice and active to tire him out before bedtime.

DuvetSofaTelly Thu 13-Apr-17 15:03:56

No temperature and easily rousable?
Enjoy it!

MrsJayy Thu 13-Apr-17 15:12:38

Probably growing enjoy it I dont think at that age sleeping during the day spoils night sleep like it does an older baby

FATEdestiny Thu 13-Apr-17 15:32:29

I once went Christmas shoppibg with DS DS in a pram, he would have been less than 2 months old and was EBF.

I remember walking around the city for 8 hours plus, having lunch, stopping for several a cuppas. He woke for literally woke up for 15 minutes, enough time for a breastfeed only, then straight back to sleep every 3 hours or so and that was it.

Like PP said, I remember this day (and RD is strapping 11 year old now!) as "The Day Baby Slept Loads"

In the 24 hours, he slept about 20 hours and the only time he woke, he fed.

But..

I want to add a caveat here. About 2 weeks after this happened DS was in hospital for a week with bronchilitus (sp?). So with hindsight I wonder if this marked the beginning of DS being poorly. I couldn't have known at the time and maybe the two are not in any way linked, but I thought I would add for the sake of clarity.

user1488791198 Thu 13-Apr-17 16:40:32

Thanks all, he woke at 3.20 and is happy playing, lots of wearing out to be done ready for bed later! It's just odd when you have a baby that only usually sleeps 30mins at a time in the day, sleeping for 2 and half hours!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now