Talk

Advanced search

Bouncer chair advice

(8 Posts)
molly84 Thu 13-Apr-17 07:52:22

Hi,

These posts have been really helpful over the last few months. I have a 2 year old and 4mo.

I've been using a bouncer chair and comforter (little blanket, won't take dummy) for day time naps which is working really well - managing time to play with toddler etc.

However, night time baby won't sleep in the cot. Everytime he's flat, he wakes himself up every 30 mins or so. Often with wind. I often have to resort to putting him in his bouncer chair at night, but then I'm too anxious to sleep. Also too anxious to leave comforter with him at this stage without me watching him.

Any tips/advice?

How do I transfer from bouncer (with occasional bounce) to being flat and still in cot?

What do I do about comforter at night?

I don't want to start bfeeding/co sleeping to sleep (did that with my eldest) so wondering what alternative options I have. He won't self settle unless gently bounced.

Thanks

lorelairoryemily Thu 13-Apr-17 07:56:06

We had a similar issue with our ds, look up the clevawedge by clevamama, it's amazing!

Havingahorridtime Thu 13-Apr-17 07:56:32

Could he have silent reflux? Babies with reflux don't usually like being laid flat and constantly wake and cry if laid flat. You could try some cot raisers or another method to raise one end of the cot.

molly84 Thu 13-Apr-17 07:59:27

Thanks, could try something like that in the day, but I can't leave him unattended in that while I sleep can I?

molly84 Thu 13-Apr-17 08:02:11

Thanks, I've got the cot elevated at one end already, but could get some sort of wedged, good idea. He had bad colic, but hadn't thought of reflux. Will look into that.

ListenToYourHeart Thu 13-Apr-17 08:08:31

No advice as starting to have the same problem with DD 3 months.

She will sleep in the buggy if we're moving but if we stop for more than a few minutes she's awake.

At home for day time naps she'll only sleep with her comforter on the side of her face and propped up with a pillow or if she's held.

Now at night it's starting to get the same we put her in the cot but she wrestles around so much like she ain't comfortable on her back, we give her the comforter and she dozes off but if you take it away she's awake again. I also don't like leaving her with it if I'm asleep.

Least I don't feel alone now after reading your post! flowers

FATEdestiny Thu 13-Apr-17 08:09:34

You can't leave baby unsupervised (ie when you are asleep) in the bouncy chair.

You could put tins of tuna/beans under the legs of one end of the cot, to raiseone end.

Most useful I found though was removing one side off your cot and wedging it up to your bed 3 sided. Then when baby is in the sidecar cot, you can cuddle right up but extract yourself afterwards.

I've only got this kind of independant sleeping working in a young baby with a dummy though, it allows for comfort sucking off the breast and when mine weren't comforted by movement (in bouncer for daytime naps), they needed the added comfort of cuddles and sucking - so sidecar cot and dummy.

Remember that ideally your aim is baby goes from awake to asleep in the place they stay asleep, rather than being transferred when mostly asleep.

molly84 Thu 13-Apr-17 08:25:13

Thanks everyone for the help/support. Glad I'm not alone! Will try with the side off the cot and go from there.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now