Talk

Advanced search

1 year old sleep routine

(5 Posts)
gemsparkle84 Tue 11-Apr-17 19:33:53

Ok so a bit random...

My one year old daughter is a great sleeper (most of the time- except if shes unwell, teething, vaccinations etc), yeh I know, I know I'm really lucky. I'm starting to feel a little guilty. She's always gone to bed around 6.30pm, most nights sleeping until around 6.30am-7.30am. Possibly with one wake up in the night (once or twice a week) just for a quick cuddle or if shes lost her dummy. Anyway more recently shes still awake for up to an hour after we put her to bed, shes settled, cuddling her comforter but tossing and turning, eventually she drops off. I'm just starting to feel a bit guilty like I'm sending her off to bed when she's not ready. I just wondered if it was normal for babies/ toddlers to enjoy just being in bed and settling themselves down for a while?

greeeen Tue 11-Apr-17 20:01:10

my 11.5month old likes to be in bed for about an hour before she sleeps, I have to be with her though. She is still breastfeeding though, so feeds for a bit then just lies there playing with her hands or prodding me. I've tried keeping her up later and it just made her cranky.

LoveIsPatient Tue 11-Apr-17 20:20:28

Gemsparkle - does she sleep much in the day? If so maybe cutting back on her later nap? My DS just turned 1 and I have had to shuffle back his routine to have him in bed by 7:30 instead of 7 these days as he started waking up at 5am confused DS likes to watch In the Night Garden on CBeebies in his high chair after his dinner and before his bath until 6:45 which seems to be a good wind down (even though it's tv!)

JohnLapsleyParlabane Tue 11-Apr-17 20:21:59

We had that for a bit. For my DD it was that she was tired from being awake, not tired from being active. So now we go for a walk between her afternoon nap and teatime and she's sleeping much better.

gemsparkle84 Tue 11-Apr-17 21:27:36

She usually has around an hour and a half in a morning and (up to) the same in the afternoon. Getting up around 4, tea at 5/5.30 then within half an hour she's banging on the highchair for me to take her up for her bath! A friend mentioned it could be because of the lighter nights which didn't occur to me confused I could definitely let her watch a bit of the bed time hour smile although she usually enjoys a book or two but I could do that after. Thanks ladies.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now