Talk

Advanced search

8 month daytime sleep getting worse

(2 Posts)
Muppet7410 Thu 06-Apr-17 15:15:43

My little boy sleeps for 11 hours at night with one wake up but during the day I'm lucky to get 30 mins in the morning and an hour in the afternoon. He is grouchy a lot and I give him the opportunity to sleep but he refuses. I'm really worried and don't know what to do to make him sleep more during the day. Any advice would be appreciated.

FATEdestiny Thu 06-Apr-17 19:32:30

There are two ways to get baby to have more daytime sleep:

1. Keep the same number of naps but make nap length longer
2. Accept nap length so have more naps per day.

So, how feasible is it that you could resettle baby back to sleep when they go into the light sleeping phase just before waking?

The must effective way to do this is in something that you can keep moving - bouncer, pushchair, rocker. If naps need to be in something static (cot for example) then you could try dummy reinsert and shushing, it's less effective for lengthening naps though.

So if you've tried to make naps longer and it's not happening, then your next option is to reduce awake time between naps. If you move the morning nap earlier, this then shifts the next nap earlier. Then add in a third teatime nap.

Like lengthening naps, you may need to work at getting baby to sleep.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now