Talk

Advanced search

Burying face in comforter

(6 Posts)
fruityb Thu 06-Apr-17 09:52:37

I've noticed in the last couple of days that DS keeps putting his comforter on his face. He has it in his cot during naps and at night and I put it near him and he keeps burying his face in it! Me and OH have been in his room a few times lately just to move it but it finds its way back there soon enough. He's really getting attached to it at the mo and it's helped a lot. Anyone else's kids do this? Is it a comfort thing? He's sleeping beautifully at the moment but it's a bit worrying!

He's also about a foot higher up in his cot in the morning than he was when we put him to bed. He's tucked in tight under a blanket but is wriggling out and moving up! He doesn't wake in the night but has moved quite a lot when we get in there.

FATEdestiny Thu 06-Apr-17 13:22:00

How old is baby?

There is the SIDS recommendation to have a clear cot - ie nothing in the cot with baby to avoid smothering. But that is going to be more of a risk the younger baby is. I started putting comforters in the cot from about 6 months old.

Use of comforters is great though, something lots of babies use.

fruityb Thu 06-Apr-17 14:21:31

He's 7 and a bit months and he loves his ted!

fruityb Thu 06-Apr-17 14:29:58

Btw saw your 234 suggestion and realised that's pretty much what DS follows! I always thought it odd he needed a nap so soon after waking but it's working. If his afternoon nap is cut short he has a tea time power nap bless him

FATEdestiny Thu 06-Apr-17 14:30:27

I'd say 7 months is fine for a comforter being smushed into baby's face.

fruityb Thu 06-Apr-17 14:38:13

Lol ok. He has it either just sitting on his face but he's obviously pulled it over, or he has his arms over his face (which he's always done) with it in there as well. He's happy falling asleep with it and I wanted to make it a sleep association thing. Plus if he has that he doesn't really care about a dummy which works for us. He's only had a dummy to sleep really so if this replaces that then mores the better further down the line

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now