Talk

Advanced search

Toddler beds

(9 Posts)
FlyingJellyfishintheAttic Mon 03-Apr-17 10:19:24

At what age is ok? My DDI is almost a year, will only sleep in our bed most of the time and is outgrowing her cot but I,don't want to do something that isn't right.Is she too little for a cot bed in mine and DH bedroom? We will get baby gate.

teaandbiscuitsforme Mon 03-Apr-17 12:41:51

I don't think she's too little if you think she would be ok without the cot bars. My DD went into a full size single at 16 months and absolutely loves it. She co-slept until that point though so she's only really ever slept in a bed (refused the cot!) but some babies like the security of a cot.

FlyingJellyfishintheAttic Mon 03-Apr-17 12:51:22

My DD has never spent a full night in the cot as she hates it and is always in our bed with me and DH.

Commonname Mon 03-Apr-17 20:14:21

You can also get bed guards that stop them falling out.

Anatidae Tue 04-Apr-17 07:53:47

Mattress on the floor. Ours is just now in a toddler bed at 18mo.

kel1493 Sat 08-Apr-17 07:54:02

We put our ds in his at 17 months. We have the old cot mattress on the floor and a gate at the door. We've also always used a video monitor.
Didn't bother with bed guards as I was more worried he would use them to stand up and fall out
It was the best thing we ever did

JohnLapsleyParlabane Sat 08-Apr-17 07:56:11

We put DD in a cot bed in her own room at 13months, because she was ready. Our friends DD, the same age, is not remotely ready at 18months.

RedSandYellowSand Sat 08-Apr-17 07:58:30

DS2 climbed out of his cot at about 18 months shock
So was in a toddler bed from then. He would have been fine in a single, as never fell out. DS1 fell out of bed until he was about 4. And i still regularly need to put his legs back in his 3/4 double when i go to bed as he is hanging out at nearly 8.

Shadowboy Sat 08-Apr-17 08:02:42

Ours went in a toddler bed at 18 months and it worked really well. She was old enough to understand instructions such as you can't get out and play

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now