Talk

Advanced search

4 month old & not leaving him alone in the evening

(8 Posts)
Ipdipdo Sat 01-Apr-17 20:36:33

My Ds is 4 mths old and we have been getting him to sleep downstairs at 730- 8pm
He's now getting a bit too distracted with the noise and I would like him to be asleep quietly in our room instead. I am aware of the sids guidelines so would not feel comfortable doing this. So can I get my older son to sleep in our bed next to the baby in the co sleeper cot until I go to bed at 930? Then send older son back to his bed for the rest of the night?

MaudGonneMad Sat 01-Apr-17 20:37:25

How old is your older son? Seems a bit disruptive to him

Ipdipdo Sat 01-Apr-17 20:41:33

He's 10 years old, his bedtime is 9pm but rarely falls asleep before 930. I've asked him if he'd mind and he has said he'd love. If it is a bit disruptive for him I'll happily use it as an excuse to go to bed at 9pm myself

FATEdestiny Sat 01-Apr-17 20:51:43

Room sharing is specifically for baby to sleep in the same room as their parents

www.lullabytrust.org.uk/safer-sleep-advice/room-sharing/

Unfair and needlessly disruptive for your 10 year old too.

Timetogrowup2016 Sat 01-Apr-17 20:55:54

I think that's ridiculous sorry

Aliveinwanderland Sat 01-Apr-17 20:58:14

I put my 5 month old to bed upstairs and then just go up a few hours later. I know SIDS guidelines are they should always be supervised but it just isn't practical for me to go to bed at 7pm and DS won't sleep downstairs.

fluffandsnuff Sat 01-Apr-17 21:00:22

Angelcare movement monitor might be worth a look. Worked for us- still check in though smile

Ipdipdo Sat 01-Apr-17 21:04:03

Thanks, I just needed some objective opinions to run it past. I will let baby have a little cat nap downstairs early evening and I shall move his proper bedtime forward to 9pm and go up when he does.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now