Talk

Advanced search

If you're 4 month old is not sleeping....

(4 Posts)
WhyTheHeckMe Mon 27-Mar-17 12:09:04

I've seen a lot of 4 month sleep regression posts on here recently.

This time last year I had a breastfed 4 month old who was up every hour all night crying, in the day would refuse sleep and only slept on me when he did eventually go to sleep.

I felt like it would never end

Fast forward one year - it'd midday and the same child (who sleeps through) has just picked up his teddy, walked upstairs to his cot and pointed at it. I put him in and he waved me goodbye.
I shut the door and he is now asleep

It really does get better! I promise!

As much as I hated it at the time, I really miss my baby who used to want snuggles. Please make the most of it while you can smile

WhyTheHeckMe Mon 27-Mar-17 12:11:30

Thread title should say 'Your', I hate poor grammar too!

OneLifeThreeGuvnors Mon 27-Mar-17 16:41:52

Very glad to hear this! How did you get from last year to this year though? What did you find helped - particularly with daytime naps? Lots of the advice seems to focus on bedtime routine, but it's daytime naps we're struggling with.

singingpinkmonkey Mon 27-Mar-17 18:42:00

This is very reassuring! I've had an awful day with my 10 week old DS who WILL NOT sleep during the day unless I've rocked him and I've literally not had a minute to brush my hair or teeth and feel rubbish. I do love him so much but have found the newborn phase so hard, so it's nice to hear that it does get better. Thank you for posting this.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now