Talk

Advanced search

9MO please help

(4 Posts)
PeanutJuice Wed 22-Mar-17 20:59:50

My 9MO either fed or rocked to sleep every night. Usually down at 7pm and sleeps through till 6/7am with one feed between 2-5.
(This all varies, but I would say this is the norm)
I breastfeed but really would like to give it up, as I am going back to work FT next week.
When waking in the night, I will BF baby and put down awake and will generally resettle and go off to sleep on her own. The problem is putting her down in the first place (naps included)

Please help me stop BF to sleep or rocking to sleep, my back cannot take it sad
I cannot seem to settle her in her cot with "shh" or patting etc. She will only settle when picked up.

PeanutJuice Thu 23-Mar-17 21:09:22

Bump?

teaandbiscuitsforme Fri 24-Mar-17 08:01:11

I don't think there's any solution that's going to change the way your baby goes to sleep at night in a week if you want to avoid crying. It would probably take a little while to change her routine. So you probably need to decide if you're happy to spend a few months working on a new routine or carry on with what you're doing.

With naps, where is she going when you're at work? If it's a nursery, they're generally amazing at getting babies to sleep. My DD had only BF to sleep for naps or been in the sling/car/pram and she had no problem settling for naps at nursery when she started at 12 months.

teaandbiscuitsforme Fri 24-Mar-17 08:02:12

Just re-read about stopping BF completely- so are you switching to formula?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now