Talk

Advanced search

Don't you wish

(5 Posts)
Newmother8668 Tue 21-Mar-17 17:00:10

That you could just put your baby in a sleep pod for all of his naps and the night and he would just be induced to sleep? The growth spurts and sleep regressions are the main reason why I refuse to have another baby.

FATEdestiny Tue 21-Mar-17 17:58:55

I've had one (of four) who did just that. He was formula fed from birth and had a dummy - both relevent I think.

None of my 3 subsequent children were anywhere close to as bad as my first, in terms of sleep.

With me, the benefit of hindsight and experience has taught me that the reason my first was a poor sleeper was at least 80% down to parenting. I didn't make those mistakes again with subsequent children.

Newmother8668 Tue 21-Mar-17 18:58:56

I know. I do feel like a really awful mother.

FATEdestiny Tue 21-Mar-17 20:10:29

Why? You don't need to.

I think it's fairly usual that ladies pregnant with their first child have all of these expectations of what it will be like. It's just they are mostly wholly unrealistic. They expect it to be hard work, talk about sleep deprivation in theory, but don't realise it will be this bad.

There is nothing wrong in that. Nothing at all.

You aren't perfect. Neither am I. Neither is anyone else.

It's crap. It's hard. Much harder than I had anticipated before I had children.

That does not make you an awful mother.

AprilShowers177 Wed 22-Mar-17 16:07:09

You are so right fate- all the ideas that there would be some disturbed sleep but the reality was such a shock to me!

You think you've cracked it don't you then something changes- we were up to 5 hours sleep in a chunk and now back down to 2hrs 45mins (very precise I know but that was every time last night!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now