Is this the 4 month sleep regression?

(8 Posts)
supergirl101 Tue 21-Mar-17 03:47:15

Just wondering if this is the 4 month regression I keep hearing about. DD was 4 month a couple of weeks ago, never really slept great. The usual not going into Moses basket, only sleeping during the day or me or partner.

The last couple of night she is waling every 3 hours for a feed ( breast fed). It is draining me, have another DD 6 year old who is missing her mum massively but is so good and loves her sister.

I keep say this will pass and it will get better but honestly at the moment doesn't feel like it. We also have the second lot of jabs today sad

Aliveinwanderland Tue 21-Mar-17 04:00:10

Every 3 hours is normal! If she was better than that before this "regression" then you are very lucky.

The best night in the world with my 4 month old is feeds every 3. A bad night is every hour.

Newbiecat Tue 21-Mar-17 04:23:37

I'm up with my nearly 6 month old who has 'improved' from 2 hourly night waking during the sleep regression of 4 months to 3 hrly so a typical night now is 1930, 2200, 0100 0400 0630-0730. He did suddenly find it hard to self soothe at 4 months and needs cuddles, a lullaby and rocking to sleep quite often. He is breastfed & im trying where possible to keep feeding him to sleep.
I also have a 6 year old daughter ( as well as DS, 4) and I usually ask her to read her school reading book or I'll read to her whilst I'm feeding the baby his long evening feed. I think that feeling of guilt of dividing your time between siblings is entirely normal so don't worry! Your daughter will really start to enjoy her playmate soon as he gets more interesting!

Newbiecat Tue 21-Mar-17 04:26:57

**. Keep from feeding him asleep as in avoid it!

eliolo Tue 21-Mar-17 04:33:35

My 3.5 month old has been up every hour tonight starting at midnight envywaking every 3 hours to feed is completely normal especially for breastfed babies. Everyone says it gets better so I'm clinging to that!

supergirl101 Tue 21-Mar-17 11:00:38

Thank you for your replies. I suppose what is also hard is my sister DD is only a week older than mine and is sleeping from half 9/10 to half 6 and has done for a while now. I look like I've gone ten rounds with Mike Tyson. Dark circles sad

eliolo Tue 21-Mar-17 12:34:00

If your sister has any tips feel free to share them grinit's seriously tough. My DD woke up grumpy as hell today presumably as she barely slept hmm

Supergirl101 Tue 21-Mar-17 17:02:52

I wish. My sisters eldest slept whilst a baby too but she has huge problems with her now going to bed. Where as my eldest was a rubbish sleeper when a baby, is an angel now. All swings n roundabouts

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now