Fights the swaddle, startles with arms out... help!

(12 Posts)
Bex134 Mon 20-Mar-17 07:42:47

DS is 9weeks, he has been sleeping well for the last few weeks and gradually starting to sleep with his arms out. Last couple of nights he's moving a lot and keeping self awake with arm movements. Tried swaddling again but he fights with it until he's out! He's got a sniffly nose atm too which may be impacting?

Any ideas?

NapQueen Mon 20-Mar-17 07:44:47

Could you swaddle one arm in and leave the other out?

Foreverhopeful22 Mon 20-Mar-17 07:49:53

There are some swaddling techniques which work better for a fighter. Mine was terrible until I found in Internet one where you swaddle them so the swaddled is behind them , it's difficult to explain but Google swaddling for difficult baby.

northerngirl71 Mon 20-Mar-17 07:53:10

My DD did the same - in the end - sounds weird but she liked the swaddle just wrapped around her middle - both arms out ! That's how she settled .

Tabitha1983 Mon 20-Mar-17 20:01:08

Try a woombie they're gr8 😀

farleybox06 Tue 21-Mar-17 11:29:48

We ended up with an ergoPouch Swaddle in the end as it has poppers at the arms for choice whether to have in or out. So soft inside and easier that trying origami with a muslin at 1am!

elQuintoConyo Tue 21-Mar-17 13:12:49

Ours hated being swaddled. Could i be your ds has started to dislike it, too?

We used sleeping sacks whatever they're called - grobags?? Until summer, then nothing.

Bex134 Tue 21-Mar-17 15:06:07

From watching him the last few nights I think it might be wind and he's kicking to get the wind out as does some fabulous farts! Just need to work out how to manage his wind a bit better.. any tips?

PonderLand Tue 21-Mar-17 15:09:23

Is he BF or FF? If FF then try burp him every oz or so. Use infacol or gripe water to help get burps up! If BF then try burp before you switch sides or when baby unlatches. If you look on YouTube there is some great burping techniques and massage videos to help with farting.

Bex134 Tue 21-Mar-17 15:14:36

He's BF, I tend not to switch sides but I can wind mid feed. I'll have a look on you tube, thanks

Masterclef Tue 21-Mar-17 15:21:10

https://lovetodream.com.au/ - these worked amazingly for us and finally let us get a good nights sleep

germainegrainne Tue 21-Mar-17 15:33:38

Zipadeezips were a lifesaver when dd started rolling in her swaddle. She could not sleep at all without swaddling and transitioned to a zipadeezip overnight. Slept in it until she was about 2.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now