Talk

Advanced search

1 nap at nursery, 2 at home. Normal?

(8 Posts)
Summerdays2014 Sun 19-Mar-17 16:52:41

Hi,

Anyone else's child do this? My son is 14 months and will nap for 1.5 ish hours at nursery at 12pm, but at home he is a overtired disaster by 9am (wakes anytime between 5 and 6am)

I know there is loads going on at nursery, but I do loads with him at home and various groups and it makes no difference! Nursery says he's very happy and not grumpy. Very strange.

Thanks

Lilaclily Sun 19-Mar-17 16:54:56

How many days does he go to nursery ? I know mine never slept as well there and usually caught up on the days they were at home with me

MrsPeel1 Sun 19-Mar-17 16:57:01

Even at 2.5 my daughter sleeps differently at nursery (45 mins only) to how she sleeps at home (2+ hours if we let her!).
My son was the same. I think it's pretty normal.

FATEdestiny Sun 19-Mar-17 17:04:50

It wouldn't be a concern to me if this was happening with my child.

Summerdays2014 Sun 19-Mar-17 17:31:00

Thanks for replying. He does 3 days a week. I'm not worried about it - I wish he'd just have one long nap at home after lunch like he does at nursery! I've got to get him down in his cot for his naps at home. They are on me at the moment as I gave up fighting months ago... I can't even put him down in the cot without him waking. Goodness knows how they manage it at nursery...

Doboopedoo Sun 19-Mar-17 20:36:12

I have a 19 month old who is exactly the same! I have no idea how they keep her going until lunchtime either (also suspect she gets her dummy more than I would like) 😀

Tiberius12 Sun 19-Mar-17 20:49:48

My 2 year old always has a decent nap at home but at the childminders mostly only has 30 minutes and sometimes can go all day without a nap

manateeandcake Sun 19-Mar-17 21:03:38

My 17 month-old DS was exactly the same. Started nursery 2 days a week at 11 months and only ever had one nap there, but would be a grumpy, tired monster by 9.30am at home. I think the combination of lots to distract him plus on some level knowing that they can't be as clingy there is what enables them to push on through.

Over the past few weeks we have got him to drop the morning nap at home too, but if I have to take him anywhere in the car or buggy in the morning he almost always falls asleep. He also wakes around 5.30. I hoped dropping the morning nap would help him go a bit later but no joy so far.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now