Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Should I change things?

(10 Posts)
Amanduh Fri 17-Mar-17 16:37:52

My ds is 15 weeks. He sleeps pretty well (I think). However, comments from friends lately and from books etc have made me wonder if I'm doing it all wrong! He goes down to bed after his last bottle of the night which is anywhere from 9 to 10 PM. This is fine with me as he is so little and in time I hope his bedtime will get naturally earlier. He sleeps through the night completely until anywhere between 7 and 8 AM. He then has a big morning nap, at least one afternoon nap and then an evening nap. However people I know have commented that he is going to bed too late. Books on sites I have read said babies should be in bed before 8 PM! We have tried earlier bedtime is it just means that he wakes up for a feed at 3 or 4 AM. I am happy with him sleeping through the night and napping well but now I'm worrying that he should be in bed earlier!

PotteringAlong Fri 17-Mar-17 16:38:32

Do you want to change things? If not then don't!

Amanduh Fri 17-Mar-17 16:38:52

*and sites, not on...

Sunnie1984 Fri 17-Mar-17 16:57:51

I wouldn't worry about that if it doesn't bother you.

15 weeks is still very little and that's a great block of sleep for all of you.

If it bothers you, you can always push bedtime earlier and then dream feed at 10pm.

anametouse Fri 17-Mar-17 16:57:57

Sounds like it's working really well to me! I considered a routine for DS (14 weeks, sleeps at 8.30) but couldn't see the point, he's happy I'm happy

BrutusMcDogface Fri 17-Mar-17 17:10:15

If you're happy, then don't change a thing! He'll probably drop a nap and want an earlier bedtime, all by himself!

I'd just enjoy your full nights sleep, if I were you!!

LilyWildflower Fri 17-Mar-17 17:11:09

Let babies sleep when they need to imo. Your routine sounds like my ds when he was little. He now sleeps 8-7 and wakes up once or twice for some milk or water. My first slept 7-7 from 6 weeks. Babies are all different, ignore them and do what works for you and your baby

toffeeboffin Fri 17-Mar-17 17:15:51

So he sleeps for 8 hours at a time?!

Why would you even think about changing his routine?
You should be too busy just being grateful! grin

Amanduh Fri 17-Mar-17 17:19:07

I am very grateful for the sleep, I know it can all change! grin Thanks for all the replies.. I think I need to trust myself more and ignore 'friends' then!

Yamadori Fri 17-Mar-17 17:20:40

Base the time he goes to bed on the time you want him to wake up in the morning! That's what we did. I'd much rather get up at normal-o'clock.

Friends of ours would always say that they couldn't do without their baby-free evenings so their dc's were in bed really early - but it turned out they were awake again by 5.30 every day.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now