Talk

Advanced search

Am I creating a rod for my own back?

(4 Posts)
Muppet7410 Thu 16-Mar-17 07:40:29

Baby is almost 8 months. Goes to sleep between 7 and 730, self settles with a comfort teddy. He often wakes between 4 and 5 but he can't get himself back to sleep. When I go into help settle him and give him his dummy he gets more upset. I then bring him into my bed where he will eventually go back to sleep for an hour or so.
I'm concerned about creating bad habits but given it's the last hour of sleep he is having in my bed is it really a problem?

RubyWinterstorm Thu 16-Mar-17 07:43:57

7:30 to 4 is pretty good going

That is sleeping through the night, just that the "night" for him starts very early.

Can't see a problem at all with what you're doing!

SilverLinings2014 Thu 16-Mar-17 08:11:06

I agree, it's fine. My DD was the same at that age.

He is self settling and successfully transitioning through sleep cycles every hour or so through the night. That's great. As it's gets closer to morning and he's had most of his rest it gets harder to transistion into the next cycle, hence needing help around 4/5am. As he gets bigger he'll learn to do it.

Muppet7410 Thu 16-Mar-17 09:10:13

Thanks, you have confirmed what I hoped for! We will continue with our current routine and hopefully he will sleep longer as he gets older and more active

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now