Talk

Advanced search

2-1 naps - tell me your late transitioners!

(3 Posts)
Doboopedoo Tue 14-Mar-17 21:33:54

So at almost 19 months DD still likes two naps a day, in fact we really struggle to keep her awake in the morning (although she only naps once a day at nursery - no idea how they keep her going until after lunch!)

I'm totally happy with it (especially as she was a rubbish napper as a baby), but just wondered when it's likely to change - when is the latest your toddler transitioned from 2 to 1 naps a day?

I apparently kept up two naps until I was about 21 months as a baby so she obviously has my sleepy genes!

FATEdestiny Tue 14-Mar-17 21:44:31

My daughter initially started having the odd 1-nap day amoungst mostly 2-nap days at 20 months old. She transitioned gradually and 1-nap days were consistant from 22 months old.

At first her single afternoon naps were mammoth too. She used to nap 9-11 and 1-3 on two nap says, or a 11-3 on 1-nap days
If I didn't have to wake her for the school run, she's sleep until 3.30 or 4pm.

She's now 2y6m and consistantly sleeps 3 hours at lunchtime, 12h at night.

misomiso Wed 15-Mar-17 22:00:45

My 16m old is still taking 2 naps a day! Normally an hour in the morning and 2 hours in the afternoon. I've tried one nap but she can barely stay awake past half 10. She didn't nap for longer than 45 mins until she was 9 months so maybe she's making up for lost time? I dunno but I'm rolling with it at the moment!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now