Talk

Advanced search

Finding cosleeping uncomfortable

(5 Posts)
eliolo Tue 14-Mar-17 19:46:09

Hello smileso my 3 month old (recently posted about her hating the car and pram!) sleeps as okay as any 3 month old does in her sleepyhead in a next2me crib until about 5am, at her feed around then I just bring her into my bed and feed side lying to try and get some more sleep but I'm finding it so uncomfortable sadI have a pillow between my knees and one behind my back but still wake up with really stiff and sore hips/back. Does anyone have any advice or tips how I could make it more comfortable? The only reason I dont cosleep all night is because of how uncomfy i find it! If it makes any difference it's just me and DD in a double bed smile

snoopyokay Tue 14-Mar-17 20:08:41

I think it gets more comfortable as they get bigger as they are more 'robust' so to speak so you probably move around in the bed more freely to get comfortable, if that makes any sense. I didn't enjoy co-sleeping at first when she was tiny tiny probably slept really rigidly in-case of hurting her, maybe that's what you're doing?

dinobum Tue 14-Mar-17 20:24:43

Can you bring the sleepyhead across with you, that way when feeding is done you can turn your back and not worry so much?

Kicking dh out so I could starfish was usually the best way to get comfy!

eliolo Tue 14-Mar-17 20:42:53

I've thought about moving the sleepyhead but I don't think I'd be able to feed her while she was in it due to the sides sadI definitely do sleep very rigidly and only ever light enough that I can see her as I'm so scared grinI just think for my sanity it's going to turn into an all night thing for a while!
Im lucky in that I have no DP to have to kick out of the bed grinshe seems to sleep better on her side nearly squished into a boob as I'm sure is normal but doesn't make for comfy sleep! Maybe I just need to get used to it smile

basilflower Sat 18-Mar-17 03:38:23

I found that rather than using a pillow behind my back a thick ish duvet worked better as there is more of it and you can squish bits into you where needed. A bit hard to explain but worth a try? I feel for you though, I breastfed lying down whilst co sleeping for over 1.5 years and usually woke up with a reasonably uncomfortable back...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now