Cotbed bed guard recs

(6 Posts)
IamMoana Tue 14-Mar-17 10:27:44

Hi all,

My daughter has a Tutti Bambini Lucas cot bed, she's 2 and we are considering taking the sides off after some success in a single bed on holiday.

Does anyone have any experience with this cot bed as it's slatted with an under drawer am not sure if the standard bed guards will fit it? Or did anyone just go it alone with a couple of cushions on the floor and hope for the best?

Many thanks and all advice appreciated smile

http://www.tuttibambini.co.uk/default/lucas-espresso-cot-bed.html

StitchesInTime Tue 14-Mar-17 10:30:37

I'm unfamiliar with this bed, but when we moved from cot to bed we didn't use a bed guard.
we put a doubled up duvet by the bed to cushion any falls.

kel1493 Tue 14-Mar-17 10:34:47

We move our son from his cot to a toddler bed when he was 17 months. We just used the old mattress from his cot on the floor, just in case.
We did get a bed guard, but I was more concerned about him using it to stand up, and if so falling out over the top of it, which would be much more dangerous than if he rolled out the bed (which he doesn't)

FATEdestiny Tue 14-Mar-17 13:28:13

I wouldn't bother with a bedguard given that it is a toddler bed. Toddler/cot beds are low to the floor, so even if rolling out of bed its a very small height.

One of my children used to regularly roll out of bed when he was in the cotbed. It was such a small distance to the floor that mostly he didn't even wake up - I'd just find him asleep on the floor!

Its a different matter if in a singe bed - they are much higher off the ground and so rolling out of bed a much bigger deal.

Ecureuil Tue 14-Mar-17 13:32:57

We moved DD at 20 months and didn't use a bed guard, no need as it was low to the ground. She fell out a couple of times but just got up and got back into bed. I wouldn't bother with bed guards.

IamMoana Tue 14-Mar-17 20:40:39

Thank you for the replies! I think am going to brave without the guard and see how we get on. Fingers crossed not too many bumps in the night smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now