Talk

Advanced search

Back to 2 hour feeds!! :(

(7 Posts)
einalem1984 Tue 14-Mar-17 07:08:32

DD is 15 weeks old and over the past couple of weeks she seems to have gone back to 2 hour feeds and I'm exhausted! DH works so I do all the feeds which makes it harder. This is on top of her bouts of colic through the afternoon 😫 I'm assuming it's some kind of growth spurt but how much longer is it going to go on for?! Try giving her more milk so she feels full but I'm not going to force it on her if she's refusing it. Any help thanks in advance!smile

FATEdestiny Tue 14-Mar-17 13:11:07

You cant get baby to have more milk per feed, because how much she can take is limited by the physical size of her stomach. The way to get more calories into baby is more frequent feeds - as you are finding.

I assume you are offering 2 hourly (or more frequent, if needed) daytime feeds? Calorie loading through the daytime is the best way to reduce the need for night feeds.

Are you formula feeding? How much is she having through the day and night?

einalem1984 Tue 14-Mar-17 14:10:54

Yes formula feeding through the day as well. She won't always take the milk though especially if she's having a colic episode so it's hard to get her to drink more during the day.

FATEdestiny Tue 14-Mar-17 14:22:24

Do you have alternate ways to get baby to sleep, that doesn't involve feeding?

Tired signs and hunger signs are pretty identical. It might be that when you are thinking baby is hungry, he's actually tired.

einalem1984 Tue 14-Mar-17 14:35:12

To be honest I think I've tried everything- she has a routine that includes bath, massage and bottle, use white noise etc. Getting her to sleep at night isn't too much of a prob it's the waking for night feeds but if she's teething/ having a growth spurt sounds like it can't be helped!

FATEdestiny Tue 14-Mar-17 14:39:53

I mean sleep during the daytime.

How do you get her to nap and how long/often is she napping?

einalem1984 Tue 14-Mar-17 15:20:46

She falls asleep in the pram when we go out or if we're at home I put her for a sleep in her cot. The amount of sleep she has varies day to day

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now