Talk

Advanced search

15/16 week old multiple night feedings - how much longer

(8 Posts)
emh78 Sat 11-Mar-17 06:59:33

I have posted about this before, but I'm hoping to get more of a response. I would love to hear from anyone else who is going through this or ultimately anyone who has been through this and come out if the other side hopefully unscathed.

My DS is ebf and was finally forming a fairly nice pattern at night. Going down between 7 and 8, waking between 2 and 3 for a feed. If nearer to 2 he would be up again about 5 for a second feed them down again til between 7 and 8. If 1st feed nearer to 3 he would go back down til about 6/6.30.

Then almost 2 weeks ago (at 14 weeks) it went straight out the window. He's since been waking between 5 and 8 times a night and for about the last hour before getting up he has to sleep in my arms and occasionally has a sleepy feed.

I never went through anything like this with my DD. I just can't see how it's going to get better.

I try to feed him as much as possible during the day and he always has his biggest feed just before bed.

Is this so called 4 month sleep regression wrapped in a growth spurt?

How much longer can it go on?

Thanks in advance.

Emma

X

icklekid Sat 11-Mar-17 07:04:07

Yep sounds like 4 month sleep regression which coincides with a developmentall leap (see wonder weeks app) as they develop news awareness/skills. For my dd it lasted about a month but I know others have it better/worse! Also colds/teething/all sorts that can mess up sleep! Cospeeping got us through it I'm afraid...

bakingcupcakes Sat 11-Mar-17 07:20:27

I also second co-sleeping. My DS was FF but had a bottle at night until 20months. The multiple night feeds lasted until around 12 months after that it was just once a night at 2am. Co-sleeping made it bareable!

Waitingonasmile Sat 11-Mar-17 07:23:43

MyDS went through stages every few month of this increased waking. It did get better but he fed every 3 hours until around 15 months. It is very hard you have my sympathies flowers

Scrumptiouscrumpets Sat 11-Mar-17 13:28:45

Sounds like the 4 month regression. It can start a bit early.
I would try and settle without a feed when he wakes. If he won't go back to sleep, or goes back to sleep but wakes within an hour, feed.
It will get better, you just don't know when, some babies sleep better quite soon, others take months to improve.

RandomMess Sat 11-Mar-17 13:33:34

When my DD2 did this I realised it was actually more of comfort/sleep association thing so I changed her sleep associations and it stopped!! This didn't mean ignoring her to cry btw!

PotteringAlong Sat 11-Mar-17 13:38:18

My DS1 never changed back. He finally stopped multiple night wakings at 3 years old (sorry...).

emh78 Sat 11-Mar-17 18:11:32

Hi everyone. Thanks so much for your advice. It sounds very much like we're just going to have to ride the wave. Fingers crossed it doesn't last months (or years! Yikes!). Although i might see if he'll go back down without a feed if it hasn't been that long since the last. X

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now