Talk

Advanced search

Will he stop crying himself to sleep?

(9 Posts)
ImSoUnoriginal Tue 07-Mar-17 20:19:04

We have (after months of very little sleep on my part and then having him sleep in bed with me for 2 months) finally tried controlled crying. He's pretty good now. This evening it only took him 5 mins to go to sleep, woke after 3 then another 3 of crying and asleep again. I left him to it and didn't go in as that seems to upset him more.
My question is, is he likely to gradually stop crying or will he always do it?
I know it's for the best as, since we started it, it's the most he's ever slept. He does know what's coming now and starts to grizzle after his books. Just wondering if they grow out of it?

Scrumptiouscrumpets Wed 08-Mar-17 06:36:07

Yes, they do. It might take a while though, it's different for every child. In any case, 5 and then 3 minutes of crying is not much at all, when did you start cc?

ImSoUnoriginal Wed 08-Mar-17 15:20:35

A week ago. It does vary, depending on how tired he is and how he napped in the day. Usually anything from 5 to 20 mins.

Tumtitum Wed 08-Mar-17 17:57:13

DD is one and still does it confused wails when she realises it's bedtime but generally settles very up and down though so I've probably gone and jinxed it now!!!

ImSoUnoriginal Wed 08-Mar-17 20:08:04

Yeah, my son is just 1. Half an hour and he's just stopped crying. With a few stop and starts in there.
What does everyone do at nap times? Do you put them down in their cots or take them out in the push chair (or anything else)?

Tumtitum Wed 08-Mar-17 21:09:36

Feed or rock in the morning (occasionally will settle herself with a few mins grizzling), buggy most afternoons! confused

SweetRoseSweet Thu 09-Mar-17 21:24:49

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

sarahandme Fri 10-Mar-17 17:46:20

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

ImSoUnoriginal Fri 10-Mar-17 20:53:26

Oh why were they deleted? I guessed one was advertising but I missed the other, was that more of the same?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now