Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

Travelling with Sleepyhead

(7 Posts)
Latinatta Sun 05-Mar-17 14:33:39

Hi all,

We are taking our nearly 4 month daughter on an 8 week road trip to make the most of MATL!

At home we use a Sleepyhead inside a Snuzpod. We'll definitely take the Sleepyhead with us and maybe try co-sleeping in bed (we're moving around a lot and will have lots of different bed/accommodation arrangements).

I have bought the Babybjorn travel cot but despite being amazingly light and compact it still takes up a lot of space.

So I'm wondering whether we can get away with just taking the Sleepyhead. I'm imagining that when we don't have a bed against the wall we would put it in between us and have the baby at our head height but put our covers underneath the Sleepyhead (might be a bit chilly for us if the duvet is small!).

If anyone has any experience travelling or bed sharing with the Sleepyhead I'd love to know how you found it.

Or do you think I would regret not taking the travel cot?

Thank you!!

villainousbroodmare Sun 05-Mar-17 14:37:15

We went all over the place with the Sleepyhead. It's perfect for what you want. We even emigrated with it, unstuffing it and then restuffing it with the contents of two new top quality pillows on arrival. DS now 19mo and in a Grande on a floor mattress. Still loves it.

MonkeyToucher Sun 05-Mar-17 18:59:12

I would just take the sleepyhead! I did a bit of a road trip in the U.K. when DS was 3 months and took the top part of the Snuzpod with me (we have a huge car!) as I intended to put the sleepyhead inside the Snuzpod like we do at home, just on the floor next to whatever bed rather than on the stand. In 2 weeks I did this.....once! It was such a pain having to bend all the way down to get him out when he woke in the night that I ended up doing exactly what you suggest in your post - pop the sleepyhead on the bed, on top of the duvet so your heads are about in line. This worked brilliantly for me as DS was right there when he needed feeding in the night and was protected from me rolling into him etc. I suppose the only difference was that I was travelling without DH so there were just 2 of us in the bed- I'm not sure there would be enough space for 2 adults plus a sleepyhead!? Maybe banish your OH to the sofa grin

confusedlilly Sun 05-Mar-17 19:19:59

We have traveled with our sleepyhead and just used that. So much easier

Latinatta Sun 05-Mar-17 19:36:34

Thanks everyone! So helpful. DH suggested we also take the snuzpod mattress as the sleepyhead one is a little thin if we want to put her down anywhere other than the bed. Woohoo- that's 6kg less luggage, more room for my clothes!!

almmummy Mon 06-Mar-17 13:40:10

We actually dismantled the Sleepyhead to travel with it - just took the long sausage bit out the cover for ease. Most hotels and self catering places provide travel cots/cots so we just popped it in those

Tumtitum Mon 06-Mar-17 22:24:48

We slept with DD in between us in the sleepyhead until she was 5 months! Squashed but lovely grin

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now