Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

22 Month old playing at bedtime

(3 Posts)
Rooster30 Thu 02-Mar-17 20:19:47

Hi all. Newbie here as desperate for a bit of advice. I took the side off my daughters cot about a month ago and since her naps have been horrendous, in that she won't and runs around her room instead. I thought we had got away with it at nighttime but over the last week things have deteriorated. She doesn't cry but she grabs her books and toys. A couple of times she has tried to escape the room but goes back without me saying anything (my appearance seems to be enough to send her back to bed). It is taking her about 1 hour and half to settle herself down. I guess I wouldn't mind, but I'm the sort who can't relax without knowing the kids are asleep. Now the nights are getting lighter and lighter I'm worried this playtime and bedtime thing she does will be prolonged further.

Any advice?

FATEdestiny Thu 02-Mar-17 22:12:17

Is there any reason why you cant just put the side back on the cot?

My children have been about 3 when they moved from cot to bed. Maybe your child will be better ready when older?

Rooster30 Thu 02-Mar-17 22:25:00

Thanks for the response, I guess I hadn't considered putting the side back on as it has been quite a while without it now and just felt it better to commit to it. I may consider now though!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now