Talk

Advanced search

19.5 month sleep issues...

(4 Posts)
Tinks15 Thu 02-Mar-17 17:47:50

So...i know i have one of the world's worst sleepers she has always been a poor sleeper since birth has always waked frequently throughout the night, we have also co-slept from about 7 months to try & actually feel more human which doesnt really make that much difference. However every now & again the past few months she will wake for hours on end as in 3/4 hours a night she doesnt seem in pain, she isnt grizzly or anything she is literally just wide awake! She fidgets, talks to her dummy, plays with my hair etc. I just basically want some reassurance whether this is anything to be concerned about or has anyone else's little ones been like this? She has done this twice this week now & i have no idea the reason she does it!! I'm so bloody tired. Help!

CobsAhoy Thu 02-Mar-17 18:31:20

My 17month old DD has occasionally done this, tends to be around the time of some sort of developmental leap/milestone and so far has always stopped without any intervention from me.

thenewaveragebear1983 Fri 03-Mar-17 14:18:56

Just started a thread on this! My ds is 17 mo and wakes for ages in the night. He points to the door and wants to go downstairs and demands milk. We still give him one milk as a night feed but dh gave him three the other night! 18oz milk! That's like a humongous steak!

I tried last night just lying next to him awake and letting him cry. He wanted to get down and the only time I moved him was when he was trying to climb out of bed. I'm tempted to try the same but in his own bed over the weekend. He has been doing it for about 6 weeks though, not just a few nights, and we are getting desperate.

Comealongpond89 Fri 03-Mar-17 16:19:23

I've got a 20 month old daughter. She used to wake up in the middle of the night for about 2 hours. Quite happy just being awake. She did it nearly every night for about 3 weeks then just stopped. Don't think its anything to be worried about

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now