Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

30 Month Old Sleep Troubles

(4 Posts)
lms2014 Sun 26-Feb-17 21:31:12

Hi all I hope someone can give me some advice. My DD has always been a great sleeper at night until the last month or so. She was also napping well until about 4 months ago. She started refusing to sleep in her cot for naps and would scream or shout continuously until I went in and brought her downstairs again. She couldn't go all day without a nap so I started taking her out for a walk every day at 1:30pm and she napped in her pushchair. I have been doing this almost daily ever since and she'll sleep 1-2 hours. She still seems tired after her nap and will sometimes try and fall asleep again once she's woken up. She goes to nursery twice a week and doesn't sleep there at all so the next day she is exhausted. She also falls asleep in the car on the way home from nursery at 5pm and wakes up hysterical. She goes to bed at 7pm and used to fall asleep within 30 mins but is now taking till nearly 9pm. Over the last month she has also taken to waking up any time from 5:30am - 6:30am whereas she was sleeping till at least 7am. She is getting less and less sleep now and seems chronically overtired but I don't know how to stop it. All advice welcome. TIA. smile

FATEdestiny Mon 27-Feb-17 08:04:37

How about trying to limit the lunchtime nap to 40-60 minutes ish? That doesn't mean dropping the nap but also doesn't mean he has too much to affect bedtime.

CatsCantFlyFast Mon 27-Feb-17 08:13:30

For us dropping the nap meant dd was very tired for a few weeks - she didn't want to nap during the day (but was tired enough to fall asleep if in the car) but if she did nap her bedtime and nighttime sleep were horrendous. She occasionally naps now but mostly we have an hour of quiet time - reading books in bed or snugged in the sofa - and we bright her bedtime forwards to compensate

lms2014 Wed 01-Mar-17 21:22:23

Thank you for the great advice. I'm going to try limiting her naps and see what happens. Wish me luck! 😉

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now