Talk

Advanced search

11 month old

(5 Posts)
Abi1987 Sun 26-Feb-17 10:49:45

He seems to be fighting his afternoon nap and now his morning nap, I really struggle to get him to sleep in his cot for naps, even on me. Has anyone got any tips? He's too nosy and wants to get up all the time X

Jenniferb21 Sun 26-Feb-17 10:55:41

Approaching his first birthday so maybe he's ready to drop his morning nap & have a nap in the afternoon only? I'm only going from what my friends with LO's have said my DS is 10 months through and some days doesn't have a morning nap no matter what I do and instead will sleep at midday ish for at least 2 hours.

X

FATEdestiny Sun 26-Feb-17 11:19:33

I agree with pp.

I would start pushing the mirning nap later and bringing lunchtime earlier. The aim being a single nap, straight after lunch.

Also focus on getting baby from awake to asleep in the cot, at bedtime and naptime.

MYA2016 Sun 26-Feb-17 11:20:38

At 10-11 months we were spending days batting to get ds to sleep it was a nightmare and stressful for both us and ds. In the end we dragged out the morning, gave lunch at 11.30 and bed at 12. He was so tired he started going back down in the cot and he'll now sleep 2-2.5 hours most days.
I felt he was too little to drop to 1 nap but he was definitely ready for it
Good luck

Abi1987 Sun 26-Feb-17 17:25:37

Thanks guys!!
I will try that smile x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now