Talk

Advanced search

20 month wakes and won't go back to sleep!

(4 Posts)
ganda1 Sun 26-Feb-17 06:39:00

Hi all, our 20 months old has started waking in the middle of the night and won't go back to sleep! A few nights it's been 4:30/5am but last night it was 2:30 and he wouldn't go back to sleep at all- even with us in with him, he would lie in his cot but not sleep, and if we left him he would constantly cry and not give in. He's wide awake and asking to go downstairs. What do I do? Thanks smile

Nottalotta Sun 26-Feb-17 06:46:09

Ds1 would frequently be up for the day at 4-5am. It was a bloody nightmare tbh. I used to keep him.upstairs til a reasonable time, starting in our bed, then reading, then he had milk (made this not before 6) then he could get up and I would get ready and we'd go down at 7. Turns out at grandparents he either doesn't wake, or goes back to sleep for a couple more hours!

I think the issue is with him.being in our room so he will be in his own room soon..

It has improved though with making his nap later. I read that an early nap kind of enables the early waking. He naps after lunch now and wakes after 6. 7.50 yesterday!!

daimbar Sun 26-Feb-17 07:06:34

My 20m DD does this sometimes. She was up and wide awake at 3am this morning .

The only thing that makes her go back to sleep is bottle of warm milk. Probably making a rod for my back but at 3am I am willing to try anything.

daimbar Sun 26-Feb-17 07:07:47

Also, he could be hungry? Noticed DD is less likely to wake up when she has a slice of toast before bed.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now