Talk

Advanced search

Can anyone help/give advice

(4 Posts)
user1486445324 Tue 21-Feb-17 17:27:18

Hi I have a 14 month old who is bf I bf her to sleep for naps and bedtime but want to start trying for another she Co-sleeps at bedtime and nap in my bed but before I try for anymore I want her in her own bed/room without milk what is the best way to go about this? X

rebeccaroskellthomas Fri 24-Feb-17 10:22:06

Hiya. I'd say the first thing to try and do is to stop bf to sleep. If you want a gentle approach you can try the Pantley's pull off method. We ended up having to do a bit of CIO to get LG to go down awake but the method is up to you. x

teaandbiscuitsforme Fri 24-Feb-17 12:03:14

Look up Dr Jay Gordon night weaning. He is very pro co-sleeping so he would suggest tackling the BF first and then where she sleeps.

It sounds like you are ready to stop co-sleeping and breastfeeding but if you're not, you can still breastfeed whilst you're pregnant. I've just had DS (7 weeks) and DD is now 23 months. We co-slept in our bed until 16/17 months, BF to sleep; then moved to a single bed in her room where I'd BF to sleep and if she woke up; then DH took over the night wakes and now he puts her to bed and she sleeps through. I still BF her once or twice a day (didn't intend to carry on!) but I don't BF to sleep and she now sleeps through.

Good luck!

littledinaco Fri 24-Feb-17 12:25:21

Everything tea said!

If you want to you can still breastfeed to sleep when pregnant/have another baby. I used to breastfeed my older one to sleep when had new baby (either DH held baby or I fed baby on the other side).
This is not for everyone but maybe another option for you. It was a lovely way to spend time with my older DC after I had had the baby. I'm sure it also helped DC adjust to having a sibling.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now