Talk

Advanced search

20 month old

(6 Posts)
malteasermuncher Tue 21-Feb-17 14:59:11

Hello, I was just wondering if people with similar ages babies can consistently put their babies down for a nap after lunch and know that they will nod off every single time? My little one went through a rough phase for a few months and has then slept every day for the last 10 weeks in her cot and then today I tried for over an hour before giving in and taking her for a drive..she was asleep within 5 minutes. First time Mum and I feel now that she hasn't slept today in her cot for her nap that that is it and she never will again! Irrational? I hope so!

FATEdestiny Tue 21-Feb-17 15:05:18

She was probably just off-colour today. Or a bit extra tired. I wouldn't worry about it being a long term thing.

My youngest started transitioning from 2-nap days to 1-nap days at 20 months old. Her naps were always at routine times though.

Morning nap: 9.30am - 11am (woken up, she'd sleep longer
Afternoon nap: 1pm - 3pm

Transitioned to:
Lunchtime Nap: 11.30pm - 2.30/3.00pm

malteasermuncher Tue 21-Feb-17 16:20:41

Thank you very much for the advice. Do/have your children Fate always gone down every day or are there days that they just won't?

FATEdestiny Tue 21-Feb-17 16:39:33

During the transition from 2 naps a day to 1 nap a day, there will be days with 1 nap inter-dispersed with days of 2 naps. It's a gradual change.

At 20 months old, none of my children would have been able to go the whole day without sleeping at all.

My little one went through a rough phase for a few months and has then slept every day for the last 10 weeks in her cot and then today I tried for over an hour before giving in and taking her for a drive..she was asleep within 5 minutes.

Thst sounds like over tiredness. If suggest that baby needed to be asleep a good hour before he was put down for his nap. By that time he was over tired and exhausted, so dropping to sleep was harder.

dinobum Tue 21-Feb-17 17:53:36

My 20 month old cot naps at nursery but will only nap on a pram walk with me! She's with me 4 days a week and and nursery for 3 days, the two don't influence each other as far as I can tell ie she won't do cot naps for me!

malteasermuncher Tue 21-Feb-17 21:03:05

Hello, thank you both for taking the time to reply! I think perhaps over tiredness did play a part, I need to learn to relax! I know she needs to have her sleep so i think that is why it bothers me so much, plus I think of the list of things I could be doing if she does sleep! Tomorrow is a new day!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now