Talk

Advanced search

Finally cracked it!

(4 Posts)
ImogenTubbs Tue 21-Feb-17 06:00:20

I don't want to jinx things but I think we have FINALY got DD seeping through the night at.... 3.5... YEARS old. Yes, years.

She's always been a poor sleeper - I blame us and lack of consistency in our approach, but recently we had a very disrupted month and nights had become a nightmare again - waking several times for long periods, crying, demanding food, etc.

We took a deep breath, had a discussion with her about it, created a sleep reward chart and instigated a new absolutely no talking or cuddles at night (for us) rule and IT'S WORKING! She's slept through every night for a week. She's very proud. We are very relieved. This is life changing. Anyway, I've posted several desperate threads on this topic over the last three years so just thought I'd share smile

thestarryeyedsurprise Tue 21-Feb-17 06:25:49

Well done OP. Glad to see light at the end of the tunnel. My 19 month old is a horrific sleeper. Up every hour last night. I've had about 4 hours sleep confused not sure how I'm going to function starting my new job tomorrow.

ListenToYourHeart Tue 21-Feb-17 06:33:30

Ah congrats OP!

My first DD was very similar, awful sleeper to around 3, she's now coming up 7 and loves going up to bed and could sleep for ages!

Tangoandcreditcards Tue 21-Feb-17 06:52:15

Wow. Congratulations.

I'm at the end of my tether with my (just) 3yo. You give me hope. Reward chart it is!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now