Talk

Advanced search

Want to put 4 month old to bed earlier, but where?

(6 Posts)
BlackSwan79 Mon 20-Feb-17 10:43:12

My little boy is almost 4 months old and currently has his last bottle around 11pm and sleeps through until 8.30am. I have started to have regular nap times during the day which is going well so far and he always naps in his Moses basket in the same room as me. He will fall asleep either on me or in his basket and always goes to sleep in his basket at bed time. I'd like to start putting him down for bed at around 8pm and wake him for his last feed at 11pm. Is it ok to do this? I'm unsure as to where to put him, if I put him in his basket in our room and we are downstairs then this is against sids guidelines so I don't want to do this, bit if I put him down with us then surely he will be disturbed by the tv etc. Not sure what to do about this, any ideas? Thanks

savagehk Mon 20-Feb-17 10:45:43

Try it downstairs, hopefully he's not disturbed by the TV. If he's a light sleeper you may have more of an issue. If he naps downstairs I'm not sure he'll be bothered by noise though?

BlackSwan79 Mon 20-Feb-17 11:12:48

Thanks for replying. You're right I should just try it downstairs, I'm over thinking it! I'll give it a go. Is it ok to wake him for his last feed?

foxessocks Mon 20-Feb-17 11:15:25

My ds sleeps downstairs with us all evening (he is nearly six months so not for much longer!) and the TV doesn't bother him at all. He stays asleep from about 8 until 10 then we go up to bed. Sometimes he wakes up then for a feed ,other times he goes straight into his cot without waking until later in the night. My ds is too big for a Moses basket so we just hold him all evening! We take it in turns ! I think I'll really miss it when we put him upstairs earlier.

drinkyourmilk Mon 20-Feb-17 11:16:33

At 4 months I'd try a dream feed instead of waking.

BlackSwan79 Mon 20-Feb-17 12:01:25

Thanks all, I'll try him downstairs with last feed a dream feed

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now