Talk

Advanced search

Night light?

(8 Posts)
Fairy45 Sat 18-Feb-17 19:14:12

Hi
20 month old DD has irregular sleep issues. She generally wakes up 1-2 times per night sometimes says cuddle points at my room and will not settle again in her own room, more often she just lays herself back down and says hair for me to play with her hair and she drifts off in 2 minutes. Sometimes when I get up I put the landing light on and leave her door ajar and I think those nights are more successful but we have a cat who loves her and if we do that she will jump in with her which I dont like. Is it worth a try with a nightlight? I dont like to introduce things that she then relies on.

FATEdestiny Sun 19-Feb-17 09:10:16

I dont like to introduce things that she then relies on

I'm not sure what problem you think a night light will cause? If you have a toddler/child who is scared of the dark then Yes, the night light will be relied upon. It would be there to help them not feel scared. Do you view that as a problem?

Anyway, yes try a night light.

In fact in my experience, night lights give out very little light and their low level makes shadows in the room seem more unsettling. A normal bedside lamp with A low wattage bulb is better.

BertrandRussell Sun 19-Feb-17 09:11:56

I don't see a problem with relying on a nightlight.

InsaneDame Sun 19-Feb-17 13:24:31

I'm not a great believer in night lights, I think they can cause more problems than they solve. If you aren't entirely sure she is scared of the dark then I wouldn't introduce one. I think she is waking up to get comfort off you, not because she doesn't have a light on.

dinobum Sun 19-Feb-17 13:53:41

Get a red one, they don't interrupt circadian rhythms like white/blue ones.

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Sun 19-Feb-17 13:57:52

We have a gro-light, it's brill. Goes in your ceiling light fitting. Turn on the lights witch once and the nightlight comes on, twice and the light comes on as normal.

Whatthefreakinwhatnow Sun 19-Feb-17 13:58:35

www.gro-store.com/essentials/gro-light-night-light-e27-screw-fit.html

TupperwareTat Sun 19-Feb-17 14:00:50

Gro light here as well for a 3 year old. If she wants it on for years to come, its fine.
I dont sleep in a pitch black room, I have 2 plug in night lights in my room.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now