Talk

Advanced search

How to get out of this routine

(4 Posts)
LittleMum91 Wed 15-Feb-17 22:58:38

Hiya. I'm just looking for a bit of advice. My DD is 6 months and for the majority of her daytime naps I am cuddling her to sleep, which isn't a massive problem because I love cuddling her. However, I am going back to work in a few days and she will be going to nursery so I'm a little bit nervous about what she will be like. Does anyone have any tips for getting her to sleep on her own?

teaandbiscuitsforme Thu 16-Feb-17 07:36:42

Nursery staff can be miracle workers so I wouldn't worry about getting her to sleep on her in own in the next few days. Maybe try over the next couple of months?

When my DD started nursery, she'd always BF to sleep for naps or been in the pram/sling/car but she never had a problem napping there. A good nursery should follow your advice so if she needs to be cuddled, they should cuddle her. Or ask them to try her in a cot with a comforter from home (or a dummy?) and see how she gets on?

LittleMum91 Thu 16-Feb-17 10:31:32

Oh good! I wasn't too sure how it would go at nursery so it's nice to know they will just go with what we already do. She seems to be but more independent when she's with my Mum or MIL but once she's back home it's cuddles or nothing! So hopefully this means when she goes to nursery she will be more easy going with it smile Thank you!

MoreThanUs Thu 16-Feb-17 10:35:27

As you're going back in only a few days, I'd carry on with what you're doing and make the most of your time. Routines / sleep needs etc will change with starting nursery, so just go with it. You might find yourself following nurserys way of doing things in a few weeks.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now