Talk

Advanced search

My 4 y/o has started acting up at bedtime

(1 Post)
Dandansmummy Wed 15-Feb-17 20:23:24

Hi. Looking for some advice regarding my 4 y/o. He's always gone to bed very well, no arguments and we have always had the same routine since he was about 6 months old. Now he refuses to go to bed "quietly", he argues, refuses to put his pjs on, screams (not from genuine upset or anger but just to make sure he is making noise) constantly says he needs to wee and gets out of bed, constantly asks how long until morning etc. I'm due to have baby number 2 in 3 weeks and I'm terrified we aren't going to be able to fix this before baby arrives. This has been going on for about 3 weeks, he's wet the bed 4 times since this started which he has never done. We had behaviour problems with him during the day as well but we seem to have rectified that (think he was testing the boundaries as I'm usually at work full time and he goes to a childminder but I have been on maternity since Xmas) He has a night light so the dark isn't a problem....

We have tried leaving him to have a tantrum, talking to him, tried to comfort him (however we now realise he uses this is a technique to stay up later), we have even taken away privileges such as his tablet. The next step would maybe be a positive bed time chart/ reward chart?

Any advice would be gratefully appreciated sad

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now