Talk

Advanced search

3.5 tog sleeping bag - too warm?

(5 Posts)
BergamotMouse Wed 15-Feb-17 14:29:56

DD has been waking for 2 or 3 hours in the middle of the night and takes ages to get back down. She's 6 months.

I bought a 3.5 tog sleeping bag (with thick sleeves) in the hope it would improve things and it has but I'm worried about the temperature guidelines. Her room is usually 17 or 18 degrees and I have her in a long sleeved vest. She does feel warm to the touch but naps and night time sleep are much better.

I'm a little concerned about overheating as know it can increase the risk of SIDS. I hope I'm not just making her so warm she gets into a deeper sleep than she should.

What do your babies wear at night and in what temperatures?

Sunshinegirl82 Wed 15-Feb-17 14:44:18

At 17/18 I'd be worried she might be a bit warm in the 3.5 tog. Could you try putting a pyjama top on over her vest and sticking with the 2.5? I sometimes do short sleeved vest and pj top with ds if I think long sleeved vest alone won't cut it.

FATEdestiny Wed 15-Feb-17 16:52:34

I'd be worried about a 3.5 tog sleeping bag. But I suppose it depends what else you dress the child in.

At 17-18 degrees I'd have my child in a long sleeved vest + cotton sleep suit + 2.5 tog sleeveless sleeping bag.

My DDs room doesn't get below 19-20 degrees. She has 2.5 tog sleeping bag + long leg/arm PJs.

If you are worried your 6 month old is cold, I'd suggest dressing her in extra clothing layers and sticking with the 2.5 tog bag.

Bluebellevergreen Wed 15-Feb-17 16:58:59

I have a 3.5 tog because the room is 12-15 degrees
You should do with a 2.5

Nottalotta Wed 15-Feb-17 22:11:24

Ds has a 3.5 tog sleeping bag but it's sleeveless. And our house is an ice box. It can be 12 degrees in our room and he wears ls vest, long sleeved pj's and the 3.5 tog bag. This keeps him warm. He is a,warm boy anyway though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now