Talk

Advanced search

Early wake ups! Help

(3 Posts)
StandardNameHere Fri 10-Feb-17 09:22:30

I have a 14month old who has always had a battle when it comes to sleep in general so I'm not expecting miracles!
She sleeps in her cot now, goes to sleep at about 7pm, usually falls asleep in my arms then I transfer her into the cot, if she wakes she will go back to sleep, she seems comfortable in her cot so that not a problem.
We may have a do the odd pop into her room about 12ish but we just sit in the chair whilst she lays there and goes back to sleep (she doesn't cry)
The issue we have is that she's always woken up early but the last week or so it's closer to 4am and she's ready to start the day. Surely that is too early even for early risers?
It was 4.25 this morning and I'm just exhausted!
When she woke at 5.30 she would have 1 long nap a day at 11.
2 naps just don't work, she fights the afternoon nap then only has a sort morning nap so I don't really want to go back from 1 to 2 naps but waking at 4, she's knackered by 8/9.
Any tips to help her sleep until 6am (this is the dream!!)
I am at a loss and can't think straight

Heirhelp Fri 10-Feb-17 09:24:07

Can you put her to bed later?

StandardNameHere Fri 10-Feb-17 09:34:23

It doesn't work, I find she will wake up but will still be tired
We tried it when she was constantly waking at 5am , we pushed her bedtime back an hour and she still woke at 5

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now