Talk

Advanced search

There were 5 in the bed...

(5 Posts)
Ladyonashortfuse Fri 10-Feb-17 07:57:10

Help please I am at my wits end: none of my 3 DC (5,3,1) will now sleep in their own bed; they are all in mine and it's only a standard double. I can't remember the last time I had an unbroken night's sleep and DH regularly goes and sleeps in the kids room - without them. DC3's tactic is simply to refuse to be put down in her cot and yell until she's picked up and tucked into the crook of my arm again. DC1 &2 will go to sleep in their own bed; DC2 will then get up at 1, wail piteously and wander round the house asking Mummy/Daddy Where Are You. DC1 (the sneakiest and most effective) will come and get into our bed in the middle of the night without making a sound, so we just find him there in the morning. I know this is all my fault; I should have been stricter with them when they were younger but I am where I am...Please has anyone has had it this bad, and if so tell me what you did which worked and didn't result in you losing even more sleep with crying etc than before?

FATEdestiny Sat 11-Feb-17 16:48:30

Have you thought about a family bed?

Take one side off two cotbeds to make stable 3-sided cots and lash then to your bed at either side. You best two then get the sidecar cots.

I'd maybe consider investing in a superkingsized bed, because long term you'll probably need it and even if you don't, superkingsized beds are lovvveerrrly.

Then eldest - try bribery to keep her in her room. Something fantastic and amazing if she manages a week in her own bed all night. If not, she could fit in a SKS bed, or a daybed at the end of your bed.

I realise thos probably isn't the 'solution' you were expecting to your thread. But I'm a big fan of managing realistic expectation in terms of child's sleep. And with the best will in the world, yours is a MASSIVE problem. In your position (and I'm not a natural cosleeper) I would go the "Family Bed" route and adjust your expectations.

Oh, and by the way. SKS bed plus two cots won't fit in your bedroom? You now have a bedroom or two "spare" which you could make into dressing rooms. Or play rooms.

FATEdestiny Sat 11-Feb-17 16:49:25

"-'You best-- Youngest two then get the sidecar cots:

user1471446433 Sat 11-Feb-17 16:58:31

Super king size is your friend! Maybe with a single added on if DH is coming back smile

TupperwareTat Sat 11-Feb-17 17:02:17

Put a double in their room for all 3 of them?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now