Talk

Advanced search

What am I doing wrong?!?

(6 Posts)
Littlelegs19 Fri 10-Feb-17 01:29:51

My DS is 12 weeks old and his sleeping pattern is going to kill me!!

The last week or so we started off doing bath, bottle and bed between 5:30-6:30 and it works brilliantly and he will sleep for a good 6-7 hours!
He will wake for a bottle which he has and straight back to bed. I'll then have between 3-3 1/2 hours before he wakes again. It's after bottle number 2 that's crippling me! He will only go back to sleep for 15 minute bursts usually having enough and screaming the house down by about 5:30.

What am I doing wrong? Is it cos he is missing that bottle when he sleeps for 6-7 hours initially? If he went back to sleep for 3-3 1/2 hours after bottle 2 I could cope but I've started to really suffer with the sleep deprivation.

He has also decided he won't nap during the day unless he's in the car! He wants to be held permanently and cries as soon as you sit down. I need to rest. I'm worried. I felt myself drifting off while driving yesterday!

Can I have some help and advice please

Cupcakegirl13 Fri 10-Feb-17 02:07:15

If he is going to bed at 5.30pm he will be ready to get up by 5.30 am! Try shifting his bedtime a bit later to say 7 ish ?

CrokerCourtbullion Fri 10-Feb-17 10:10:38

^^ This. If he's doing 6-7 hours and then another 3 that is frankly a fuck load of sleep in one go at his age! (Unless I've misunderstood?) Either put him to bed later or go to bed earlier yourself - you need hi sleep and yours in sync, I doubt you'll manage to persuade him he needs another chunk after 6+3 hours worth!

Littlelegs19 Fri 10-Feb-17 10:24:54

Thank you both! It makes total sense but I didn't think about it until you both said it! I'll try pushing him till 7/8pm and see if that's any better. Thank you

Only1scoop Fri 10-Feb-17 10:28:25

Yes shift bedtime to 7pm stick with warm bath and feed.
Sounds like a lively routine. Hopefully the longer final leg of sleep will come soon with this little tweak.

Only1scoop Fri 10-Feb-17 10:28:56

'Lovely'

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now