Talk

Advanced search

Early morning waking

(6 Posts)
Princessdelrey Thu 09-Feb-17 09:22:09

As the title suggests my 5 month old keeps waking up for the day between 4/5am everyday.

He goes to bed around 6:30-7pm and cat naps most of the day. He sleeps through, well he wakes up around 1am for a good trumping session then once that's done he goes back off on his own.

But he has been gradually waking up earlier and earlier. I know his sleeping habits are really good but it took a lot of hard work to get to this point. But I have to go to bed at like 8pm just so I'm not exhausted at 5am. And it's killing my relationship with my husband.

Today he woke up at 4:30 and went back to sleep for half hour at 5:45! So I know he still needs sleep. Is it the early bed time?

Princessdelrey Sun 12-Feb-17 09:49:56

Anyone!?

Somehowsomewhere Sun 12-Feb-17 09:57:06

When you say he cat naps most of the day do you mean he's asleep for a large part of the day?
At 5 months mine were having 3 naps, morning, after lunch and a short one late afternoon.

FATEdestiny Sun 12-Feb-17 10:05:27

At 5 months old I'd suggest he's hungry. I would feed at the 1am feed. Or wake when you go to bed and feed then.

Princessdelrey Thu 18-May-17 08:43:07

I had the same problem. So I left my son at 5:30 am to babble or roll around and 9/10 he falls back to sleep. Moving him into his own room really helped.

disastrouslee Thu 18-May-17 08:44:58

I also agree with 3 regular naps. Catnapping (by which I imfer sleeping whenever and wherever) is more for newborns.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now