Talk

Advanced search

2 naps to 1 advice please!!

(4 Posts)
StrawberryMummy90 Mon 06-Feb-17 09:11:09

DD is just over 15 months old and was showing all the signs to cut her short morning nap. She done excellent first 4 days aside from being a bit tired and cranky she really lengthened her afternoon nap and slept well at night.

But over the last few days it's like she can't handle it anymore. She gets so tired at an awkward time (too late for morning nap and too early for a lunchtime nap), gets over tired, has a crap nap and then wakes really early next morning as I'm guessing she's just over tired.

Does anyone have experience with this? Will she grow out of the tiredness and adjust? If she's super tired I try and put her down for her morning nap, sometimes she will take it. But generally she's not tired enough at that point. Just when I thought I had this sleep thing cracked I'm back on the rollercoaster hmm

Timetogrowup2016 Mon 06-Feb-17 09:20:51

Yes .
I'm here with 12 month dd as well.
I hope we get some answers

FATEdestiny Wed 08-Feb-17 14:33:35

I wouldn't do any of the nap transitions as an all-or-nothing.

3- nap days to 2- nap days, 2-nap days to 1-nap days and finally 1-nap to no naps. These all involve a transition period.

By that I mean that at first baby might do a single, one off day at 2 naps. Then it might be that she does a 1-nap day followed by 2 or 3 2-nap days to "catch up". Then maybe she'll manage 3 or 4 1-nap days a week intersperced with 2-nap days.

And so on... gradually the number of 2 nap days reduces and the number of 1 nap daya increases. It was about a 2 month transition period when my youngest moved from 2 nap days to a single lunchtime nap being fully embedded in the routine.

You'll get a similar transition period when the lunchtime nap is dropped. By son took a good 6 months to a year from first having the occassional day without a lunchtime nap, with a gradual reduction until he finally never needed one.

StrawberryMummy90 Thu 09-Feb-17 13:09:36

Thank you that does make sense last few days she's been having her morning nap (only because she's waking an hour earlier than usual every morning!!). Her early waking is making it hard for her to have any days where she's only having 1 nap but I think I have to force her to stay awake even if it's 2 days a week so her body can slowly adjust..I wouldn't mind her waking early and having a morning nap but her afternoon nap is then shitty and she gets very over tired, it's a vicious circle!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now