Talk

Advanced search

2 years and climbing into bed

(3 Posts)
mellongoose Mon 06-Feb-17 08:04:00

If it was just me and her I could probably make it work but with DH as well we are just not getting much sleep. She takes up the whole bed!

DD will wake at about midnight and I can put her back to sleep easily. Then at about 1 she comes into our room and climbs into bed.

Every night.

How can I break this cycle. She used to love being in her own bed. We gave up the dummy a month ago and it's been like this ever since. Help!

Ilovecaindingle Mon 06-Feb-17 08:06:54

Baby gate on her bedroom door? She may shout of you but easier to get her back into her own bed when she is still in her room. My ds is 2 on the bottombunk with big Bro on top and hasn't shouted once since been in the big boys bed- about 2 months. Gate on his door as spiral stairs next to his room.

mellongoose Mon 06-Feb-17 08:44:47

Thanks. There is a gate on her door but when it was closed she got really distressed. There is a small light on one of the sockets in her room, but she always asks me to turn the other lights off at bed time. I'm also asked to watch her while she goes to sleep.

It's all started since the dummy left. We were on holiday and she had chewed through the last one so she put it in the bin.

She hasn't found anything that hits the spot in the same way!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now