Talk

Advanced search

13 month sleep regression!!!

(5 Posts)
Babelela123 Mon 06-Feb-17 07:47:29

My LO used to sleep quite well but the last week or so has been a complete nightmare!!! She wakes around every hour and around 23:00 she's up for about 2 hours!!! How long does this regression last?!! Any tips?

Crumbs1 Mon 06-Feb-17 07:58:12

Whys she up for two hours? Are you entertaining her and carrying her around/getting drinks/singing etc? If so it's giving the wrong message.

Babelela123 Mon 06-Feb-17 10:39:28

if I knew why she was up for 2 hours there'd be no need to ask for advice now would there?

Thecomfortador Mon 06-Feb-17 11:42:05

My son did a similar thing, a couple of times he was up early hours, wide awake, really difficult to get back to sleep. We didn't entertain him or anything he was just on one. Seems to have come out the other side, will be 14 months this week, although he's never slept through anyway, we probably need to start some sleep training.

Could she be teething just now? Ds had a couple of pre molars come through which buggered things up a bit for a while too.

Other than that I think just hang in there and reinforce routine, make sure she's not cold / hot etc and hope it doesn't last.

LilaGrace Mon 06-Feb-17 11:48:37

My almost 13 month old DD does this- she's awake for a couple of hours between 3am and 5am most nights! We don't go in to her room-just leave her to it. She goes back to sleep after a while. When she's awake, she just chats and sings to herself in her cot confused

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now