Talk

Advanced search

Pre-nap routine

(6 Posts)
Muppet7410 Sat 04-Feb-17 17:08:37

What pre nap routine do you have in place so that your baby recognises when it's nap time?

I have a 6 month old and I'm winging it when it comes to naps!

FATEdestiny Sat 04-Feb-17 19:03:54

Dummy! grin

Trousers off, nappy check, into sleeping bag, dummy in, into cot. At 6 months old I would stand next to the cot with a hand on baby's chest/back and not leave room until asleep.

Char22thom Sat 04-Feb-17 19:05:13

Close curtains, lights off, night light on, music player on, change nappy and into bed x

Char22thom Sat 04-Feb-17 19:06:41

And I leave the room, I think its important for baby to fall asleep without me, but I do leave the door open and 'hover' about nearby

Muppet7410 Sat 04-Feb-17 20:09:17

Thanks! I've just been popping him straight in his bag in his cot with his dummy and bear when showing sleepy signs. He generally goes off in a few mins but I wanted to introduce a short routine prior to this so he knows when to expect it. I think I'll start doing a song or story in his room first.

Tumtitum Sat 04-Feb-17 22:21:32

We do nappy, into sleeping bag, book, feed, into bed. She cries when she sees her sleeping bag and certain books as she knows it's nap time grin and I thought routines were meant to comfort babies..!!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now